Skip to content
MAV have been at the forefront of ALPR technology for a number of years
and as such have developed industry leading ALPR camera components that enable superior performance. Due to the quality and innovative design of our components, MAV have a number of trademarks to highlight the quality of engineering.
High accuracy ALPR relies on the use of controlled lighting of their license plates to produce the best images for extracting the characters. MAV have developed advanced techniques in the way in which we provide pulsed power to our LEDs that achieve a number of desired outcomes:
- Maximum IR lighting at levels that are safe to be deployed without warning signs or protection
- Tightly integrated IR pulses that maximize the light during the exposure period of the camera
- Control of the input current into the cameras to prevent unwanted power ripple
- Adaptive IR power regulation to achieve high light output with low heat generation
- Matched lensing of our illumination and camera for greater range – our Rapier 50 models often used in excess of 60m.
All these combine to provide cameras which have industry leading levels of IR illumination that mean we can achieve maximum target ranges of capture – hence the name maxIRange™.
truEZoom™ is a term that defines the methods that MAV employ in making sure our cameras are setting new levels for ease of setup when working on site or remotely.
The background to this needs some explanation as it is not always obvious why truEZoom™ would be useful until you have personally seen how hard systems are to set up without it! When working with any photographic images from moving vehicles it is important to get the target field of view (image width) and depth of field (focus) correct. If we use almost any camera, we are used to the idea of AutoFocus and AutoExposure. That’s great when the thing you want to photograph is static and well lit. Now consider you are up a roadside gantry or pole trying to work out whether the passing vehicles are in focus when they fly by at 70 mph. The truth is that without some assistance or luck, setting up a zoom or varifocal camera is immensely hard to do on site, especially when alone. Even with a colleague who may stand in the road holding a sample plate, that’s a risk assessment nightmare and adds the cost of another member of staff on site. Try this at night and the problem becomes even harder – and night-time setup is required for almost all mobile deployments. Enter truEZoom™
truEZoom™ takes all the effort away from the installation process, it makes everything easy or EZ if you will:
- Only one person is required to set the camera and start to receive perfectly focused images.
- Flexible target distance, simply setting the distance and pressing the ‘go’ button on the MAV application sets the zoom, focus and shutter speeds for both the ALPR and Overview cameras so that you will start to work immediately.
- Fine adjustment is easy with the ability to trim the focus, step the zoom in/out and adjust the brightness of the image with a press of the on-screen buttons.
- truEZoom™ even assists getting the right combination of settings for the iris and gain of the camera to ensure your depth of focus is maximised without introducing noise into the image.
- One press of the Save to preset and the job is done!
truEZoom™ makes setup easy. Simple installs mean lower costs and higher productivity.
Need some help?
If you have any questions that do not appear get in touch and let us know.
Contact MAV Support
Thank you for enquiring.
Our sales team will be in touch to discuss your perfect ANPR Solution. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours of receipt.